Saturday, October 3, 2009

10 things that made me smile this week (09/26-10/03)

While roaming my slightly disheveled room, I felt an urge to write about 10 things that made me smile this week. And then, I decided I should do it every week, on Saturday. And then, I imagined that maybe this would challenge other people to think about 10 positive things that made them smile. We spend so much time focusing on negative things that we must allot time to think of happy things.

And of course, like 85% (that's a safe number) of the ideas that pop into my head from space**, I decided to was compelled to share this idea with you.

The rules are: 1) your list has to be limited to ten things. 2) your list has to be comprised of positive things. No, you can not list "watching someone fall down the stairs" as one of your things that made you smile. Sorry, acerbic individuals :)

Now, on to my first list!

My 10 Things:
1. conversation and hugs under the moonlight at Lake Baldwin

2. Wednesday's sunset

3. feeling free because I admitted to myself that I wanted to move up North for the wrong reasons

4. watching my hair curl into these little ringlets after having my hair trimmed

5. this week's weather feeling like autumn instead of extended summer

6. my best friend

7. buying tickets for The Color Purple

8. my new Victoria's Secret bras

9. the thought of my personal and imminent upward mobility

10. C.C., in his entirety

------------------------------------------

**I was watching a Michael Jackson special last night, and they showed a clip of him talking about his music (this was back in '87), and he was talking about the creative process and how he had nothing to do with it... he said that it came from "space," and that it was the work of God, not him. As someone whose ideas frequently just pop into her head, I understand completely what he was talking about. And as a writer, theft is the sincerest form of flattery, so now when I start saying this (about space), you'll know where it came from. So, technically, that means I'm not stealing...

No comments:

Unless otherwise indicated, all words here are property of Miss Malorie

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected