Wednesday, June 8, 2011

old thoughts meet new life

I know. I haven't written in a while. Forever, it seems. Life has been moving faster than I can keep up with. As usual, I'm still here. You know I start to falter in the summer anyway. (Doesn't this happen every year?)

I found this note on my phone yesterday, a couple months shy of a year after I wrote it. I'm pretty sure I was sitting observing this couple, feeling wistful, feeling on the outside looking in at something I wouldn't quite be able to capture myself. Well, almost a year later, I can safely say I'm no longer on the outside looking in.
------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, Sep 9, 8:21 pm

The most beautifully simple thing: sitting in a small sushi joint w/red round lanterns for lights, an older guy and slightly younger female are at the table diagonal from ours , and they are sitting almost nose to nose, and he is running his hands through the hair behind her ears. She smiles at him tenderly as he continues to rub the hair at her face's sides, placing it behind her ears over and over again. Trapped inside their own private galaxy, I imagine their hearts are smiling at one another, connected in a way I hope lasts for them, forever.
------------------------------------------------------

I will never again underestimate the power of being trapped inside of a private galaxy with another human being. I used to observe people trapped inside their own moments with one another, and my inside parts longed for that feeling, while my outside parts met those hand holding, kissy face making, all in love and shit folks with silent vitriol. 

I have become one of those hand holding, kissy face making, all in love and shit folks. And I couldn't be happier.

Unless otherwise indicated, all words here are property of Miss Malorie

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected